What is your poker-related New Year’s resolution?
What is your New Year’s poker resolution for 2020? Avoid tilt? Win your first million on Replay Poker, or maybe get to a billion? Perhaps you’ll resolve to simply enjoy the ride.
We have a few resolutions for you to think about at each skill level.
As a beginner:
- Try out all the variations so you can decide which ones you enjoy the most.
- Spectate some tables, even when you’re not playing, to see how other people play and learn the rules.
- Play as many freerolls as possible. Free chips! Not to mention plenty of learning opportunities.
As an enthusiastic amateur:
- Try to be realistic about why you win or lose so you don’t deceiving yourself about your abilities or shortcomings.
- Make actual (not mental) notes on your regular opponents.
- Find out all the regular promotions work, like leagues and leaderboards, so you can capitalize on them better. There’s a thread on the Replay Poker forum about the differences between playing for various leaderboards.
As a savvy high-roller:
- Analyze your bankroll management so you know that you’re playing at the right stakes. This includes moving up when you’re ready!
- Find a poker resource you enjoy, such as on YouTube or Twitch, and watch some tutorial videos.
- Make friends on Replay and ask them for their thoughts about interesting hands you played. The poker strategy area of our forum is a great place to meet others and talk out advanced tactics.
Which of these categories do you see yourself in, and what are your goals for the new year?